My Weightloss Journey Then And Now

Friday, December 17, 2010

 
Blog Image
My Story Of Losing Nearly 170 Pounds To Date With Updates As They Occur
Stress can causes many issues to arise, whether it be to your emotional health and well being or general health. It can cause one to want to overeat or to binge eat, crave sweets and high fat foods, become fatigued, have aches and pains you normally don't have, etc.
Overeating was what I did when I was stressed or sad. However overeating then left me feeling guilty afterwards, which then left me eating more and before I even knew it I was about 350 pounds and not happy with how I looked. I ate comfort foods, high fat, high calories, about anything I could eat that I liked and I ate it in larger quanities and if not in large quanities then just more often. Either way it was adding weight. The extra weighted left my back and knees hurting, the heavier I got the more I hurt. It eventually starting wearing out the cartilage in my knees which is part of what caused the pain.
Does stress have to cause us to overeat? No, we have to take control and that isn't always easy, but it can be done. Will we sometimes fall back on the emotional eating? Well, that is certainly possible, I have done it myself. However try not to beat yourself up over it, accept it and move on. If you don't have anyone around to encourage you then I say encourage yourself. Be your own best friend if you don't have one. I have a wonderful mom who encouages me when I am feeling stressed or down, even so there are times I have had to encourage myself at times especially in the middle of the night when I am more likey to want to overeat or be sad and I don't want to call and wake anyone one.
If stress is causing you to doubt yourself stop and be kind to yourself, don't degrade or belittle your yourself either.  I am not saying to be arrorgant, but to be confident in who you are.
Give yourself a break, take time for yourself to reduce the stress in your life. Find something you love to do and spend time enjoying it. As for myself I have been doing more to do just that such as helping a local Christian Rock band called Revelation 9, I find it not only fun but also relaxing. I also enjoy crafts, designing wedding veils, bouquets, ring and heirloom pillows which I donate to family and friends. I also enjoy photography and writing poetry. so as you can see you can redirect your stress to many differnet areas as I try to do.
Think positive even in stressful times, it's not always easy I know, but do your best.


Comments (2) | See Comments and Responses Below:

User Image
MarkJBrim wrote:
"Life" is stress. By blaming every health concern there is on stress, one will be stressed about being stressed, or stressed trying to not be stressed....You get the picture. Frankly, people need to recognize stress and learn to live with it in a healthy manner...a hobby, jogging, etc. A time for you to simply get away from everything. As far as eliminating and/or cutting down on stress....impossible!
7/30/2008 1:21 PM EDT on pal-item                                


User Image
tchristi41 wrote:
Dear Mark,
I want to thank you for taking the time to read and comment about my blog, however I want it to be clear that I was not trying to blame stress on every health issue. I do however believe as do many DR's from what I have read that stress can/does cause health and eating issues such as what I mentioned in my blog concerning stress. I don't find that life is stress, but that the things, places, situations and sometimes people among other things in our life can cause stress.
Life can be wonderful and/or stressful, but it doesn't have to be stressful 100% of the time
I also wrote:
That we have to take control and it isn't always easy as well as to find something you love to do and spend time enjoying it. I do beleive it is possible to cut down on the stress in ones life, it isn't easy in some situations, but it is possible in many. At least in my opinion.
I am writing on my blogs from persoanl experience as well as from what I have learned from what others say about stress and other issues related to what I write about.
Thanks you again for your post.
7/30/2008 10:50 PM EDT on pal-item

No comments:

Post a Comment